Addressing educational issues that affect Active Duty Military, Family Members, National Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans.
This years annual conference will be held October 29th – October 30th with an option golf outing on October 31st. The conference will take place at the Avista Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC. To register for this years conference or to sign up for sponsorship use the link below.
Excelsior College President John Ebersole will offer the keynote address.
You’re Back – What’s Next? Webinar Series
What do I need to know to be successful in college? What is my best career path? Are my research skills at college-level?
Veterans and military transitioning back to civilian life encounter many challenges, especially those returning to school for their degree. Join Excelsior College for a webinar that addresses the most common concerns voiced by those considering college following military service. Jumpstart your college experience with Excelsior College courses that can help facilitate a successful transition to college and career.
The one-hour webinar will feature four Excelsior experts and focus on targeted topics in our two premier courses on college success: CCS 112 Success Strategies for Military and Veterans and CCS 120 EC Success Seminar and touch upon a host of topics, including:
- Easing the transition back to academic life;
- Get the most of your nontraditional credits, state and federal financial aid, VA benefits;
- Self-discovery, career exploration, planning, and job search techniques;
- Online writing lab, library, and academic support services;
Judy Reed, Director of Veteran Services and Outreach, Center for Military Education at Excelsior College
Maribeth Gunner, Director of Career Services, Career Center at Excelsior College.
Jennifer Hill, Distance Education Librarian and Electronic Resources Manager, Excelsior College Library
Susan Moyer, Assistant Dean, School of Liberal Arts
This year’s Veteran Day reception, hosted by the Center for Military Education at Excelsior College, will recognize the sacrifices of our service members, veterans, and their families, and provide support to our nation’s disabled veterans and the organizations dedicated to their success.
- Welcome (and cake!).
- Opening remarks by Excelsior College President John Ebersole.
- Dr. Susan Vitti, Licensed Clinical Psychologist for the Veterans Administration, will discuss the psychological and emotional consequences deployment can have for the returning veteran and their families as well as the unseen/ongoing costs to broader society.
- Dr. Barbara Pieper, Associate Dean, School of Nursing, will provide an overview of the grant that will assist veterans in achieving a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Barbara is Principle Investigator on the grant.
- Pat Klimkewicz, a member of the Navy Nurse Corp ,will explain her innovative faculty mentor role in the new Excelsior College Veteran BSN program.
The Center for Military Education will also collect handwritten veteran thank you cards to deliver to the Wounded Warrior Project.