Visit Excelsior College at booth #121. See attachment for our sessions.
The Ebola scare this past year, the heroin epidemic in the northeast, the surprisingly high infant mortality rate heightened awareness of precarious public health. How can a revolutionary new educational approach to these issues through games and simulations provide inroads to solving these critical problems? Join a group of stellar game and simulation designers and public health experts in a dynamic hands-on exploration of creative problem solving.
The keynote address will be presented by Sharon Sloane, President and CEO, Will Interactive.
- Randy Brown, CEO, Virtual Heroes, A Division of Applied Research Associates, Inc.
- Dr. Manny Dominguez, Deputy Chief Learning Officer (DCLO),Veterans Health Administration, Employee Education System (EES).
- Lindsay Grace, Director, Game Lab and Studio, American University
- Dr. Elizabeth Holmes, CAPT.,USN (Ret.) Ph.D., ABPP MSC, Director of Assessment at the Stockdale Center for Ethical Leadership at the US Naval Academy.
- Lynn Fiellin, M.D. Yale Associate Professor of Medicine.
- Lyn McCall, Chief Operating Officer, Will Interactive.
- Dr. Mark Milliron, Chief Learning Officer, Civitas Learning.
- Dr. Richard Riegelman, Professor of Epidemiology-Biostatistics, Medicine, and Health Policy, George Washington University Medical Center
- Akhila Satish, Founder, CyberDoctor.
- Lee Sheldon, Associate Professor, Games and Simulation Arts and Sciences, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; Narrative Designer, MegaZebra.
Follow #RevLearning2015 and join our Facebook page for event updates!
Sponsored by the Excelsior College School of Nursing, The Kinsinger Institute for Nursing Excellence, The Tau Kappa Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, and Albany Medical Center.
The Power and Empowerment of Nursing
Informing nurses on nursing empowerment, innovations, and initiatives in nursing
Who should attend
Nurse educators, nurse administrators, and interested graduate nursing students.
Helen R. Connors, PhD, RN, Dr PS (Hon), FAAN, E. Jean M. Hill Professor, University of Kansas School of Nursing and Center for Healthcare Informatics
Description of Event
Keynote speaker Dr. Helen Connors will address nursing empowerment and innovations in nursing education and practice. Poster sessions and podium presentations will follow during the course of the day.